Sunday, March 12, 2006

Two down in Fresno!

The time trial didn't go so well. I guess not being in the TT position since last year at Tour of the Gila doesn't help. I didn't have any Aero equipment except for a set of clip on bars that Profile provided us with. The first part of the TT I couldn't get going and sat at 160 heart rate. Everything hurt on my body. The position was so uncomfortable. I finally got into it and felt better at about halfway, but it was to late and I lost so much time. After the finish I tried to stand up and couldn't I was so sore already. I need to spend some time on the TT bike back in Durango.

The road race was long for the first one of the year. 120 miles of flat racing. It was really hard at times and then easy. This kept p all day and then it started to rain. The laps were 15 miles each and with two laps to go it started raining. The pack stayed intact and it just got so sketchy. Guys breaking all over and the attacks were going left and right. On the last lap I dropped to the back to put on my vest and started to bridge back up when there was a bad crash. I heard the standard noises of twisting metal, tires exploding, breaks screeching on carbon rims, and bodies hitting the ground. Anthony Colby got caught in the crash and so did Dan "The Danimal" Greenfield. They bothe finished but were banged up pretty good. Colby is fine, Dan it a little more in the hurt locker, his bike is toast! We got two guys up there at the end and just missed the podium. Alegandro Actin (Arg) ended up 6th and Frank Pipp was 12th.

Today is the criterium down town with the 180 degree turn, should be fun! I hope it doesn't rain today and that there aren't to many crashes. I am ready to get back to Durango and train harder. School is going to be rough but I am nearing the end. Sorry for the boring entry, but honestly I am over Fresno in a big way. It has been awesome hanging with the team, but Fresno is getting me down. I hope I can do something today and we can get some guys on the podium. Wish me luck!

No comments: