Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Fresno is Ghetto!


Finally made it to Fresno last night! I almost had to pull out the barf bag on the vomit comet flight from Durango to Denver. We flew through a storm and it was rocking that little plane. I can hold my own when it comes to turbulence, but this was too much and I wasn't feeling stellar anyway. Luckily I was able to hold onto the peanut butter sandwich that I had just ate. The plane from Denver to Fresno was late and we were going to be rerouted to Bakers Field, California because of weather ,but luckily Fresno's weather wasn't bad.

Tom Schuler (Saturn, Motorola, pretty much the man) came to the airport and picked me up in the new team rig. Hey at least if I have to ride in the team rig I will be rolling in style in the Volvo Cross Country. Sweet ride! When I made it to the host housing Anthony Colby, Bill Elliston, and former 3D teammate Josh Bezecny were already there setting up the beds. We are in an empty house which is really kind of nice, except for the freight train that rolls by all night only 100 feet behind the house.

We are going to ride the uphill time trial course today. I am feeling a little more rested after a good nights sleep. I wish my weight was a few pounds lower, but it is March and these races aren't my biggest goals. Tomorrow is the photo shoot and then other media stuff. I am looking forward to getting my glamour shots done. The photographer Rico seems pretty cool. Well, I will try to get some more updates in, but they may be sporadic. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: