Monday, March 27, 2006

Private Property and Melanoma

I tried to ride up the Elkhorn climb out in the valley today. I wanted to try for a third consecutive day of training on some of the climbs around the valley. I was about halfway up the climb when some lady in her $100 thousand dollar Land Rover pulled up next to me. She said she was calling the Police and that I was trespassing. I talked her out of calling the police and calmed her down. She was freaking out and I pointed it down and was out of there in no time. So if you are up there on Elkhorn be ready to get your cyclocross on through the woods to avoid getting caught by the police or borrow some camouflage.

The race weekend hurt a little more than I thought and I had to bag the Threshold work today. I took the rest of my three hour ride to recover. I forgot to mention that I got a really bad sunburn on Saturday. My legs are lobster red and the tan-line is razor sharp. It is one of those burns that is bad enough to raise the skin from the swelling and it stings in the shower. I even put sunscreen on and still got scorched! Probably because I am ghostly white, hhmmm?

Still no word on who's in for Georgia from Target Training. All I can do is keep my training intense and hope it pans out. The weather isn't cooperating so I might not be in the passes this weekend. If it is nice down south, I might go do some hard mountain biking. We will see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
Time to change your picture to your TT headshot!!! Your pal, RS (the other R)