Wednesday, July 18, 2007

White Rock to Vancouver

White Rock was about the best climate and most beautiful area you could as for!
Some totem poles down by the beach in White Rock
We went from White Rock, to this only 50K from white rock Vancouver, B.C.
I took this photo on the way in. We ended up going to the top of that Space Needle thing.
On Monday we went for a bit of a rest and played nine holes, Hoppy ripping into a drive.
Look at that form. All those golf games with my Grandma, I still have it and even Pared a few holes.

True Canadian Geese in Canada!

I can't say enough about the city of White Rock. I really enjoyed my stay there and the racing. The ocean is so different for me having grown up in Potato land of Idaho and the Tetons in Wyoming. You get a bit of both here, with mountains and the ocean, nice temperatures and some good mountains.

We went from White Rock, a city of probably 20,000 people or so to Vancouver, B.C. which I am estimating about 3 million people and the cities are only 50 k (32 Miles) apart. The accommodations with a nice quite town and ocean views with no traffic has been replaced with a high rise hotel room with beds facing each other. My ocean view has been replaced with a view of air conditioners on rooftops and a 7-Eleven convenience store. Although Vancouver is a beautiful city I must say, if I had the choice I would call the Martin family back up in White Rock and continue my stay there.

Next up for the team is the Tour de Gastown tonight. A twilight style criterium in the Gastown area of Vancouver. Hoppy has done well here before and hopefully he and Evan can give it a go in the end tonight. The forecast is calling for rain which is always a huge factor in how the race will play out. I am feeling rested and ready to give it another go, although the legs feel a bit strange. We did a ride sweet ride from our hotel down to the ocean along the beach through Stanley Park. It was an amazingly scenic ride along the ocean. There is allot going on here and the mountains that tower above the city are pretty nice. Still, I don't think I could live in a place like this because of the amount of people and rain. It rained on us the entire ride. I don't mind riding in the rain, but every day would be a bit demoralizing. Props to the people that can handle it all the time. Maybe I just need to harden up a bit?

Well, I have to head over to the 7-Eleven on he corner for something to drink. I will try to post some results a bit later on the site tonight. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't rain. It will be a mess if it does. I also wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the support. I have received a ton of emails, comments and phone calls from friends after the White Rock races. Thanks to everyone. I wouldn't be here without all of you in my corner and helping me throughout my career as a cyclist and just life in general. Alright, enough of that, thanks everyone for the support. More later, hopefully good news.

No comments: