Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tour De White Rock Overall Win!: 9th in road race.

Power was out, so we had to sit down to a nice romantic team dinner. Hoppy was elated! Hoppy enjoying a stage celebration brew


Out for a ride before the crit The flat land tricksters were out. Sweet tricks, not so sweet pants!
Evan enjoys himself and a few brews ( I had none!) on the wagon.
I wouldn't eat any food smiling back at me, David ordered the burger.
Moby Dick's Fish' n Chips: The best fish and chips ever!


I cracked like an egg today under the pressure of the Symetrics Army. I felt pretty good on the climbs but when you are wearing the leaders jersey everyone attacks you. I think I even got attacked during my warm up today. Anyway, he race was a tough fast circuit. About 80+ miles with 12,000 feet of climbing. I felt good, but the attacks from Cam Evens the Canadian National Champ were unbelievable.

The team race awesome. Austin was in moves, covering moves, and riding tempo on the front toward the end to keep people from attacking me. David is a monster and was on the front as well. He even attacked me one toward the end. I don't know what he was doing, but whatever, I didn't have a radio to yell at him to sit up. On the 3 small circuits at the end I came unglued when I tried to cover an attack from one of the threats to my lead. I covered it only to be attacked by the two guys I was most worried about. That was the dagger. Then the rest of the 4 remaining riders continued to attack me and I came in 9th in the road race. I was shooting for a top 10 again and the overall win. It worked out pretty well.

I am off to grab some lunch at Moby Dick's Seafood Shop. Some of the stores in the town of White Rock have adopted riders. The owner Ralph has adopted me and is gong to hook us up with the best fish and chips. Anyway, more later and some photos.

2 comments:

Tdub said...

Way to kill it Shriver. Showing the surge to the canadians.

Huck said...

DUDE!!!! Way to go mate! Congratulations on the great results, you're the MAN!!!! Wicked dude!
Will you be coming to Toona now? which of the dudes there with you are coming over? congrats again mate!