Thursday, July 12, 2007

Kickin me while I am down

Yesterday got worse before it got better. I pulled a major amateur move at the airport. I showed up an hour early ready to go and upon check in noticed that I had left my ID in the copy machine at the bike shop. I had to make a bunch of copies of it for my Birth Certificate and left it there. After my mental breakdown at the counter from having a hell of a day that just kept getting worse and worse, I called MBS and Mike drove all the way out to the airport to give me my ID. I ran back into the airport with 10 minutes to spare. Apparently though when you forget your ID you automatically are considered part of the Axis of Evil. The TSA people pulled my bags of the plane to research them again. They rifled through all of my stuff, and I got the "Hands on" blue latex glove search. All my bags were torn open with less than 5 minutes till take off. They opened everything, my laptop (yep just a laptop) and even opened my books to make sure that nothing was hidden in the pages. What could you store between the pages of a book?

I am all about the security and don't really mind. It is for our safety right? It almost seems like it is a bit of a power trip or a control thing?? Whatever, I made it onto the plane and it was the Jet from Durango to Denver so the flight was only 35 minutes instead of 60.

The day started to turn around when the lady at the counter didn't charge me the $80 for my bike (saved some coin for the team), and then on the plane the movie was "Blades of Glory" with Will Ferrel. It was awesome even on a 4 inch screen.

We made it into Seattle late last night, everyone got in including the Quebexican De ja Vu (David). All his bags are missing still though. Johny Sundt took us on a sweet down by the water on Lake Washington Blvd. Nice ride and it is very nice here when it isn't raining which apparently is only July -September.

My birth certificate showed up from UPS. Those Wyoming cowboys are on it up there so now I won't have to wait in customs all day to get to the races. I thought I was going to have to hike through the weeds and meet the teammates on the other side. Nope, I am all good now. More later, weird experience on the ride and I need the photos to tell the story. I am not on my computer so I can't download. More from Canada...

1 comment:

chris and hollie mcgovern said...

shit after all that the racing is going to be the easy part. I think a win is in your future!
rip it up.