Monday, July 02, 2007

Sticking around!

I decided to stick around Durango and not go to Breckenridge. I get enough racing and traveling that it just doesn't make any sense to go. Plus I couldn't find anyone to ride with and after paying entry fee and gas, it would just be to much cash to go get schooled on the mtb.

Yesterday's ride was awesome. I wish I had done more mountain biking early on in the season, i can feel it really helping my climbing legs. The dirt gets you strong quickly. My descending skills are not as stellar as they used to be that is for sure. Coming off the high point I caught a stick in the front wheel and the stick exploded but I thought for sure I was goign down. Did a little damage to the front wheel which sucks, they are expensive, that's part of riding though.

I tried to play bike polo after the ride last night and I was having a hell of a time. First, I kept getting knocked over. Then I was sprinting and my handlebar snapped off right at the stem. I quickly cruised back to my place and swapped bars Nascar pit crew fast. The bike just didn't feel the same though. I crashed a bunch more and the Polo mallet I always use broke as well.

Rest day today, with some easy mtb action this morning. I am off!

No comments: