Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tour de Gastown: NOt good folks!

Cycling is a mystery. One day you are flying, super confident, killing it, tearing the legs off everyone. The next day, your legs are being torn off, hanging on by a thread in the back of the group.

I don't know what just happened out there. I got all pumped up to race in the rain, was totally fine with the ice skating around corners. Most of the riders were going through safely. I just didn't have the legs tonight, that is my excuse. No excuse really just didn't have it. It sucked.

Poor start with an amateur missing his pedal. I was slow to get going toward the front and just couldn't go hard. Kinger moved up in front of me on the 3rd lap, I followed about 3 bikes behind him and then some idiot dumped it right in front of me. Race over! I should have gone to the pit and taken a free lap. It was so early in the race I thought I could get back on. Got back on and started to feel a bit better. Then another amateur dumped it in the corner in front of me. I went sideways, that was it. Race over.

I am actually a bit pissed off with myself. I have good form and I didn't capitalize. This would have been a good opportunity and I blew it. Tomorrow I will be in the mix for sure. I have to catch some grub with the teammates.

The good news is I won the Saeco Espresso machine in the raffle. Sweet! It isn't the top of the line one, but it is nice and I am sure I can put it to good use. Yeah!

Check out the Jittery Joe's website for the race report from White Rock, it is a long one. www.thebeanteam.com

No comments: