Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tour de Delta Warped up: 3rd in Road Race!

The break with the peleton 3 minutes behind us.
Rotating ont the flats for ever!
It was close but I was out gunned in the sprint and tired from working, that is me in the back.
A funny looking podium!
Photos :Greg Descantes

Quick update before I have to hit the road. I had an awesome ride today. Got in a break at 5k into the 140K race and it stuck! Four of us rotated and I ended up getting 3rd. It was so hard at the end and staying away for 135k was insane! Anyway, I am super stoked and so are the rest of the guys. It was close. At one point we had 4 minutes, then by the last lap it was down to under one minute. With all the cat and mouseing at the end you could see the mainfield bearing down on us, it made me nervous and I hit out a bit to early and got gunned by Andrew Pinfold and Doug Olerenshal from Healthnet. The field crossed the line about 10 seconds behind us. It was awesome! Back to Durango tomorrow. More later.

1 comment:

Justin Rose said...

dude, the results from that race made it look HARD!!! you are rocking it. ready for a cyclocross season or something?