Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Le Tour de Dope!

A cool old tree with Ute Mountain in the Background
Mesa Verde: Balcony House
The Clif Palace Panorama, Mesa Verde National Park
What can I say about the state of cycling? It is awesome to see the dopers getting caught. I can't say I was a bit surprised about Alexander Vinokourof. He always seemed a bit shady. As for Rasmusen being let go from Rabobank for missing tests and lying saying he was in Mexico, well, that is pretty shady. I think there is a deeper issue that isn't being talked about and I think it will come out sooner or later that he failed a test. Although it is killing our sport now, it will be much better for the future of cycling. Cleaning house of the big names that are on the gear is a good start. It is just a shame that cycling gets only the bad press when other sports like football and baseball have much worse doping problems that get overlooked. Things have to be bad before they can get better i guess.
I returned from Canada on Monday back to Durango. The flights were very bumpy because of the storms and monsoon season. I left Seattle at 12:00 and got home at 10:00. It could be worse, I made it home!
My mother has come down to Durango for a bit of a visit. We went over to Mesa Verde National Park, just a short 35 miles from Durango. I have lived here for seven years and never been there. It is incredible and was well worth the trip over. The ruins were super cool. It is also an awesome ride from Durango, over a hundred miles with good climbing. Anyway, I need to take a nap. I am still in recovery mode from BC. More later........

No comments: