Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hanging on to the lead in Tour de WhiteRock

Threw down pretty good tonight in the criterium. The course was a good one for me with a nice good 400 meter climb at about 6%. I followed the Symetrics guys all day that were a threat to the overall. Cam Evans attacked a bunch and I just tried to follow him and Andrew Pinfold. Both strong dudes. I felt pretty good and was running on pure suffer, motivation and just excited. I attacked a bunch and eventually ended up in the lead break. Stoked! I ended up in there with 3 Symetrics guys, two Navigators (Kyle Wamsley, and Chistian Powers i think?) and one Harley Davidson guy, Ken Johnson. Anyway, I felt pretty good and with two laps to go it was just about to come back together. I hit out to early at the bottom of the climb and the guys just jumped on. Rookie move,Shit! So I ended up cracking myself before the sprint and ended up coming in 4th place. I am super happy with that and was just shooting for a top 10 to maintain the overall leaders jersey. I have a pretty good lead in the overall but have to run a top 10 tomorrow to win it. Omnium is difficult. I think I would have a pretty good lead if it were by time.

So tomorrow I will have to just watch the Symetrics Army again. There are only 8 guys, but it seems like there are a hundred in the race. Every time there is a move, there are at least two Symetrics guys in it. It is impressive and they are all very good riders. It will be tough to hang on to it again. But the course suits me with some good climbing and the legs are strong right now. I am tired sure, but so is everyone else. Except maybe Swain Tuft.

It feels good to be riding well finally. Hope tomorrow I can just keep it together and not crack. The teammates rode awesome today. David covered a thousand moves as well as Kinger. Evan cleaned up the field sprint for double omnium points. Nice work guys! One more tough day to wrap it up. Wish us luck. 8 am start tomorrow. Good night.

2 comments:

Justin Rose said...

you're the man!!!

Anonymous said...

it's great to see you so healthy and strong. you really is the man.