Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Canada Predicament

I am off to Canada today for BC Superweek. I am leaving Durango in a couple of hours, taking the late night flight into Seattle, meeting the rest of the teammates and driving into Canada tomorrow.

I have been to Canada before when I was 18. Back then you didn't need a passport, just your drivers license or state issued ID. Well it's different now that old G.W. considers everyone in the world part of the axis of evil. I applied along time ago for the passport and still have not recieved it becasue it is all backed up due to everyone getting passports. No biggie, just print out the nifty little proof of application, present your ID at the border and you are golden right? Nope! I recieved a letter saying that they got my application, but I tried to print out the proof of application and there is no record. Sweet! I call the passport people and explain my situation. Thier answer is that you just need to provide a birth certificate along with your ID and you can get in and out of the country. O.K., something that should have been brought to my attention much earlier. I sent my birth certificate in with my passport application as it is required. Thanks people! I wouldn't have even paid the $250 to get the damned passport if I knew I could just use my birth certificate! Now I have neither.

So hopefully I can get into Canada tomorrow. What a junk show this has been today? I called the US Embassy in Canada hoping to get some help, forget it. Finally I got an emergency brith certificate overnighted to Seattle which won't show up before I leave for Canada so I am screwed. I might just be heading to Seattle for a bit the way things are looking. Shit.

Enough wining! Did the worlds ride last night. It was like the old days, Danielson, Wells, Ned and other guns. Tried not to go to hard, but it was fun to be out there throwing it down with the guns. They were all flying. I felt o.k. myself. Anyway, more from Canada hopefully and some photos as well.

No comments: