Monday, June 04, 2007

Results @ CSC and Langcaster

Well yesterday was the first day of Philly week in Langcaster, PA. I pretty much picked up where I left off last season, sucked! My legs felt pretty shitty after the CSC 100k criterium. However, I can't complain because CSC was the first race in a while where I felt like I was a bike racer. I was able to hang in there the whole race which was very hard and helped get big Evan up to the front to have a go in the sprint. I am not in the results for that race though, I popped anyway after helping Evan out.

Here in Langcaster, I cracked on the 8th lap. It was pouring rain from start to finish. I turned into a complete softie (imagine that!) Covered a few moves on the first couple laps and then sat in the back, which is the worst place to be. I finally pulled the pin. I am a little bummed, but didn't expect much since after racing CSC in 92 degrees and humidity. I pulled out of the race but the results say I finished in 22nd. Sweet! Put that one on the resume.

Anyway, I hope that I feel a bit better in the next stage on Thursday in Reading, PA. Lots of uphill which should be alright if the legs agree. I will update more later from Amish country, just kind of over the site at the moment. Thanks.........

No comments: