Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Viral Funk Attacks

Say Aaaaaaaaahhhh!
After Philly week the entire team came down with some viral funk. We all haad the same symptoms and were all laid up for a few days. Luckily we were all resting anyway. However, we were not the only team to get sick. Most riders who did the Triple Crown in the Philly area were sick. This brings up the question of what is up with Pennsylvania? Is that place just a giant infected area or what? The second theory I have is that someone new we were all going really well and sabotaged our bottles infecting them with a virus, and that is why we didn't win the races. Hhhhhmmm.
I have gotten sick again! I just got back from the Doc and it appears I have a Virus. Possibly a relapse of the "Philly Funk" that never totally went away and has returned for one last attack. My plans for fun recovery rides and ripping Mountain bike trails have been postponed. Right now it is all about getting healthy. I am not to far behind in the training and rest is always best when you are battling the virus.
The last 24 hours have been misery. Sitting on the couch all day when it is so beautiful outside. The night sweats are the worst and I woke up completely soaked last night. I weighed myself and I was 150lbs in the morning. I lost about 3lbs of water overnight. I don't think I even lose that during hard races. The good thing is that I am feeling better already. Not as achey today and the fatigue level is better. One more day of couch time in the blanky and the Philly Funk should be gone.
Maybe tomorrow I will have an update about a sweet mtb ride, an easy one of course coming off of being sick. I just want to have fun while I am here in Durango and maintain the form. Alright, I hope everyone stays healthier than I am! More later!

No comments: