Sunday, June 10, 2007

Philly, fastest race ever!

Wow! What a race. 160 miles, attacks all day, crashes, and the fastes finish time ever for that course. It was an incredible day with good weather and the usual 60,000 fans lining the streets and Manyunk Wall. Everytime up The Wall it was insane. The fans are probably just a couple beers short of needing to be carted off to detox, they are smoking cigaretts, dope, and who knows what else, screaming for all the riders as you put yourself into difficulty again and again. It was awesome!

I felt pretty good today up to about mile 120, then the legs just shut down. CRACKED! I would have died, had it not been for Cody Stevenson, my teammate. He got us bottles all day, endless amounts of bottles. Every time the team was in need of food or drink, Cody pulled through. All of the guys killed it today. Neil Shirley won the KOM Jersey. I tried to go for the KOM on the first lap. Didn't work!

Annyway, made it through 3 crashes. I don't know how, but I rode right through a crash. One guy was on the ground skidding next to me while another was in the air on the other side of me. Huge pile up. I weaved through it. Unreal. It was one of those moments where you are just in the zone.

Off to Athen's tomorrow. Thanks for stopping in. Thanks to everyone cheering for us and the team. See you on the road.

No comments: