Thursday, June 21, 2007

Nature Valley GP Stage one

Good old Minnesota eh. Wrapped up the first stage of the Nature Valley Grand Prix. A super fast downtown criterium in the evening. We didn't start until 7:00 pm, but with Summer solstice just a few days ago and being almost in Canada it doesn't get to dark here until about 10:00. The team looked pretty good. I think some of us were a bit sluggish at first after doing Philly week and not racing since then. It took me a good 40 minutes to feel normal. The course was a bit dicey and lots of corners. Only a 1K course with six turns and a small hill. Lots of coasting on the fast back section and then everyone pins it on the little roller.

Evan ended up getting 6th and Ceasar came in 7th right behind Evan. I hung on and tried not to lose time, but somehow I managed to lose a bit of time. The legs feel good though and I am looking foreword to tonight's stage, a short road race with lots of cross wind and a dirt road section. Last year I flatted on the dirt road, RACE OVER!

Anyway, this update is a little weak and not very entertaining. Just woke up from a night off tossing and turning. I am looking foreword to getting home for a bit. More later......

No comments: