Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Durango: Home sweet home!

Of course I went to Bread the bakery this morning before my spin in the Valley.
All the organic goodness!
I even managed to catch the Baker himself, Rob, for a coffee and chat.
Then I cruised solo out to Bakers Bridge and back.
I made it back to Durango yesterday. It is so nice to be back and able to sleep in my own bed. Durango has been pretty hot the past week or two and it is definitely starting to look a bit dry. I rode in 90 degrees today and it felt great after being in 90 with humidity is so much nicer.
The plan to head up North to Idaho and Wyoming to see the family has changed. There just isn't enough time and I don't want to be on the road for another week after just getting home. I am toying with the idea of racing the Fire Cracker 50 on the 4th in Breckenridge. It is the US Marathon Mountain bike national championships, but even doing a two day trip sounds like to much. We will see. Right now I am just glad to be home and enjoying my rest. I feel a bit tired but the legs felt good today on my spin.
The Animas river looks like it is flowing pretty well and it isn't murky. I checked out the fishing holes that I hit up and I think it's time to break out the fly rod and do some casting. It is a nice way to mellow out after good training days, it's good for the legs and such a rush when you land a nice trout. There are some big fish in the Animas River.
I am really looking foreword to going to British Colombia in a couple of weeks. The legs finally feel like they are strong. A little tuning up and resting here at home, I should be flying in BC.
Cath ya's

2 comments:

chris and hollie mcgovern said...

lets hook up in gastown! we should be fully re located to Olympia by then!

chill out and catch some trout

Huck said...

Man, that place looks sweeeeeeet! I gotta get out and see you in Durango some time, that just looks so nice on the river there. Rip it up dude, keep truckin'!