Thursday, May 31, 2007

A day in Arlington/D.C....Never will I live here!

I went out for an early morning ride in Arlington/D.C. yesterday with my teammate Cody Stephenson. We left from our host house after I had finished my finger painting for the day (see previous post). After scouting out a loop on the bike route map of the area, we went with a ride that was supposed to be "less traffic and bike friendly". I think we went through 200 stop lights, got the middle finger about as many times, and dodged cars all day swerving around trying to kill us. It ended up being an all right ride once we got out into the old, extremely rich neighborhoods.

Upon our return Cody and I watched the movie "Pro" about the race we will be doing next week in Philadelphia area. It used to be the one day US Pro Championships and is now the Triple Crown. Pro was a descent movie with some good race footage.

At 6:30 we decided to hit up a training race in Maryland on the other side of D.C. We drove up through the gridlocked traffic, which I guess wasn't really to bad, to a state park where the race was held on a one mile circuit. I think we did 23 laps. Big Evan Elken went from the gun. It was a tough little course with no resting and was actually allot of fun. I talked with the locals a bit and that is the one hard ride each week they do. All other training is in another park, just doing laps. These people are tougher than I am that is for sure!

Now it is just resting up, in final preparation for Philly week and the CSC invitational that begins this coming Sunday in Lancaster, PA. More later......

1 comment:

Justin Rose said...

thanks dude! good to hear from ya- have a good time back east. show them what us potato heads are made of.