Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Arlington, VG!

We made it to Arlington after a 3.5 hour drive down through Dirty Jersey. The drive was relatively flawless and I pretty much lounged in the van all the way and read a book. No near misses on the way. Cody and Kinger did however miss a turn in the mini and ended up doing a few extra miles, tolls, and tunnels to get to Arlington. The hardest part was getting through the D.C. traffic! One more reason why living in the middle of nowhere Durango is appealing.

We are staying in some host housing and it is comfortable. My room for the next few days is one of the kids rooms. It is like a time warp to childhood. Legos, art supplies and colored pencils. The walls are covered with drawings from elementary school and posters of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I might even bust out the little guy's water colors and do a little painting myself. Paint a picture and have it hung up in the trailer for our mechanics!

Cody and I are about to head out on the streets of Arlington. Wish us luck, there isn't a safe road around here. It is so congested and everyone is in a hurry. It will be good crit practice dodging cars, trucks, and pedestrians!

Oh yeah, I have been getting asked what happened in Somerville (DNF in the results), don't worry, I finished! They just can't write down all 198 riders numbers fast enough and screwed it up. I am fine, no crashes, tried to get in the train to help lead out the teammates but got chopped and swarmed. I even threw a little jab at some dude that was coming in on us. Usually, I neve get that agressive, but it is necessary when there are 100 guys that want the wheel you are on and think they can win the race. More later!

1 comment:

Dicky Dub said...

While you're busting out the water colors, you should paint a work of art for the living room. Maybe one of those turkey's kids make by tracing their hand then putting a face on it. That would be cool.