Monday, May 28, 2007

Tour of Somerville, New Jersey

I made it out to New Jersey on my Birthday. Woke up at 4:30 a.m. Caught a flight to Salt Lake, then to Pheonix, then Pheonix to Newark. It was an epic day of traveling. Over 7 hours of flying alone plus more driving get from Durango to the East. The price I pay for living in a small mountain town.

It is good to be back with the teammates. I am rooming with Tim Henry (two first names). Tim has been going pretty well and finished 2nd in the Raleigh crit a few nights ago. The hotel we are staying is awesome in downtown New Brunswik, New Jersey.

I don't know what it is about the East, but they love Dunkin Doughnuts. Every single time I ask where a good coffee shop is the answer is always " There is a Dunkin Doughnuts right there". O.K. The key word there people was "good" coffee. Dunkin Doughnuts is horrible. Never fails, every time, Dunkin Doughnuts. Drives me crazy!

Today we are just hanging out in the hotel until we race in Somerville at 2:30. I did this crit last year and it was 99 degrees, and 100% humidity. Pretty much the worst possible climate imaginable. However, I am looking foreword to getting the race legs back and racing with the teammates. Also, whenever I race back East, I get to see allot of former teammates that I haven't seen in a long time. It will be good to catch up with some of the fellers.

Well, wish me luck, I will try to throw up a few photos tonight if I can snag some. Somerville is always a big crowd and lots of guns. I just want to hang tough, finish and try to get into some moves.

No comments: