Sunday, May 20, 2007

Angry Sleeper!

I don't know what is going on with me when I am sleeping. The last few nights I have slept horribly. Two mornings ago I woke up and found one of my soft pillow cases clear across the room. My only explanation for this is at some point in the night I got angry and tore the pillow case off and threw it across the room. I must have had some serious night rage or night terror. It was definitely strange! I have been tossing and turning ever since.

I rode into the passes yesterday with Todd Wells and Ned Overend and others. They are both riding really well. Todd was climbing faster than I have ever seen him climb. Ned drove up and skipped one of the climbs and Todd was still out climbing him. As for me, I felt strong, but the top end just isn't there. I think from the lack of racing. So I am on taper mode now. Short hard rides to get the leg speed up and the top end here before next week. I hope my plan is going to work. I have been training hard and it will likely be one of the last blocks of training for a long time.

The mountain bike has been so sweet. I am actually digging the cross country full suspension. The trails in Durango are ripping right now. We have been getting some good rain and the trails are so tacky.

Not much else going on. I am working on my plans for the fall. Trying to figure out what will happen with Cylcocross. I would like to do a full season and possibly relocate to the East coast for a month or two during the season. I am thinking, couch surfing, racing UCI Cross every weekend and possibly even go for a try at the World Championships this year. I have had the opportunity to go the past couple of years, but school was always a problem. Not anymore, so I might give it a go.

Next up on the race schedule: Tour of Sommerville, CSC, and Philly Week. Watch out!

No comments: