Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My First go at Redlands

I am off to Redlands tomorrow to give it a go. I have not raced there before and have hopes of doing descent and helping the team out for a good G.C. position. I am looking foreword to the time trial. I know it is a short one and super hard with a good climb at the end. I hope that suits me, but I am actually looking foreword to suffering and putting everything I have out there. Overall, the race looks really difficult. Oak Glen is on Friday and I have heard some seriously brutal stories of that stage. Sunday's stage sounds epic as well. I feel ready though, the legs have come around a bit more since Fresno, so hopefully I can give it a good shot.

This past weekend was pretty good for training. I hit it really hard on Sunday. I went out with the group at 10 o" clock from bread and tried to do tempo and hit the climbs hard. I did allot of sitting on the front and drilling the climbs. We finished up the 3 hours going up the cliffs. That is hard after doing allot of tempo and some hard sustained efforts. After the ride, Hagman motor paced me for an hour on the scooter in the valley. I was worked! After all the resting the power was a bit low, but after the Cliffs climb motor pacing seemed easy. Well, not that easy. Alex kept putting the hurt on me.

Well, I will update from Redlands. I don't know where I am staying, hopefully we have Internet. If not, I will post some mobile updates from the phone. Until tomorrow....

No comments: