Thursday, March 29, 2007

Durango Crit Series

The local Durango Crit series starts this weekend on Saturday out at Mercy Medcal Center. It should be a great course. Brand new pavement in the parking lot. The new hospital is a perfect venue. If you lay it down you can crawl into the E.R. I think they do give free emergency service up to $100 as primes. I will take it. You never know when you are going to need a couple of stitches.

I have been laying low for the last 5 days. I caught the Redlands funk and have been sick as a dog. Actually, I am doing better than ususal with this illness. I feel like I should be able to get back to hard training by Saturday and Sunday. I was planning on taking some good rest after Redlands anyway, but this has added a couple more days of intense resting.

There were horror stories going around about all the people that got sick after Redlands last year from the pollution. I guess it gets so bad it just builds up some funk in your respiratory system that turns into a chronic illness. I started to feel sick the last stage when I woke up with a sore throat. I thought it was just allergies. The net day after having a couple beers the night after getting my ass kicked in the race, full on ill.

I got the new training bike last week. It's as awesome as the race bike. I even go my wireless powertap back from warranty. Had some issues and now it works perfectly. It is a good tool to have and nice to know that at threshold I am putting out 420 Watts. I wish!

Good luck to all the Durango-tangs headed down to Nova for the first Norba National of the year. If I had aMTB bike and wasn't sick, then I would probably have done it. My prediction, Todd is going to win the XC. Troy will crack his first top 10 and Sager is going to show up and race under an alias named "Juan Antonio Perez de la Vargas". Those Spanish names are always long and flowing. Inconspicuous, good luck Juan.

No comments: