Thursday, March 22, 2007

I put myself in the hurt box!

Today's time trial was very hard. I haven't put myself in the hurt locker like that in awhile. I felt pretty good. A little low on power, but overall, the legs were turning over. It was so short that I didn't even have time to think about not blowing up. By the time I was thinking about it, it was happening in the last 150 meters. It felt good to suffer and I actually hit a heart rate of 199! That is allot of bike squawk I know, but I haven't seen that in sometime. After crossing the line I could barely see straight. Some guy had gone so hard he hit the wall, literaly. He blacked out at the top and crashed into the barricade. He was done! I ended up a respectabel 33rd out of 190 today. Not to shabby! I gave'er all I had, there is more for tomorrow though.

My teammate Cesar (The Mexican) Grejales is sitting in 3rd. I think he has a good shot at pulling of the Win tomorrow. That means it will be Jittery Joe's on the front all day in the crit. OUCH! Whatever, I am happy to sit out there out of the crashes. Things are going good, the racing looks to be tough tomorrow for the infamous Oak Glen stage. They have shortened the race this year, but added much more climbing and there is a bad crosswind section.

Anyway, I have to hit the sheets, more from the race tomorrow. I love bike racing and it is good to be back on the road with the team....

No comments: