Wednesday, March 14, 2007

First Dead Squirrel Time Trial...New Record?

I am a little blown away right now after my practice time trial tonight. The wind was perfect for breaking records. After motor pacing in the morning for an hour and then riding another 1 and a half after that, I didn't think I had anything in the tank, at least to not put up a new best. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular after my time trial performance in Fresno. Once I started to give it on the t.t. bike I felt alright, worked into the headwind a bit and got into the groove. Usually there is a tailwind on the way out and a headwind on the way back. I didn't think I was going to do it towards the end, but I was able to suffer on the t.t. bike, always an issue for me. When I saw the time I was stoked. Cody-bob Peterson had the old record and the only Person to go sub 20 at 19:58. With the wind I was able to shave off 39 seconds and post a new time of 19:19. I know it is just practice, but these are good indicators of fitness and technique. It is crazy, to never go under 20:00, and then crush it. I am stoked with my new position on the TT bike, thanks to our sprinter Jeff "Hoppy" Hopkins. I made a few more changes, brought myself more upright, not the most aero, but I am getting much more power.

School is kicking my ass like no other right now. This weekend on the list are three article reviews, couple pages each, Research paper at 8 pages, I have to draw a map, study for two exams next week, do a 4 page Master plan outline, and read about 300 pages. Not joking! Will I get it all done, maybe? I have to train on top of that. It is going to be an epic one. Whatever, I have done it all before.

I have been feeling the altitude here a bit. Tonight, I had the blood taste in my mouth the whole time. I think a couple other guys went sub 20 minutes tonight. It is awesome to see Fort Lewis dudes, Joey Thompson and Chris Kuhl, crushing it in local events. Nice work, just need to apply that to the collegiate races. Well, that is enough updating for tonight, have to start the homework due tomorrow. Good night!

No comments: