Monday, March 12, 2007

Central Valley is in the bag.

I just got back to Durango today, about 3 hours ago. Got off the airplane at 1:00 and went straight to my 2:00 class. Actually one of my professors was on the flight back from the Caribean. He looked like he had a better time than his students, maybe hitting the cans a little to hard there in the sunshine. I am going to take the old GT stead out for one last recovery ride to get the toxins out of me.

The last stage of Central Valley was uneventful. I don't know what it is about that course, but I couldn't do a damn thing on it yesterday. I kept hearing on the radio about my teammates up the road attacking covering moves, and I could barely keep the legs going. I was trying hard to get up there to the front, but being a bit rusty and not having the crit legs, I was a little weak to do anything. Towards the end of the crit I actually started to feel better and was moving up during the last three laps, but still, nothing for the teammates. I felt like an idiot. I like to do my job, and yesteday, I may as well have been out of the office for the day. All I did was ride around in circles. I didn't ever think about pulling the plug. I kept trying to get up there to help. It just wasn't happening.

My teammates where disapointed in me to say the least. I felt like I let them down, and I left them with a bad first impression at the first race of the season with them. That is not something I wanted to do at all. I just don't have any speed right now, the power at Threshold sucks, and my race tactics were not good. I am disapointed. Willo was pissed, rightfully so, for he and Shirley were doing a lot of the early work. So, it was rough to leave Fresno on a bad note.

I am hitting the TT bike the next two days. It is important that I find a good position where I can actually put out some power on the bike. I should have my training bike here soon, hopefully. Well, I have to go out for a spin to get the flight legs out of me. It is nice in Durango now, almost 70 degrees, just windy. Spring!

3 comments:

Johnny Hayes said...

It's all good man, just a few more of those and you'll be flying. Don't sweet it yet.

Brian Sather said...

I continue to enjoy reading. Keep up the good work, on and off the bike.

k2 said...

dude, it's only March! you will be more than just "helping" soon enough, it's a long season. got to keep the CNS stoked so put this behind. enjoy your training and it will pay off in the races...