Sunday, April 29, 2007

Training again...Finally!

Cruise control!
The pain face in the sprint, Riping into it!
I have finally gotten back to training normally. Last week I was so cracked still from Tour de Georgia but I also ran ran into finals week. I didn't get to do many rides, even short recovery rides. Studying and working in front to the computer all day, then going out for a ride, just wasn't happening. I am starting to come around again though and am feeling pretty strong.
On Friday I was out spinning a valley loop, ran in to Danielson. He asked if I wanted to ride the passes on Saturday. After graduation we met up at Bread. The plan was to go to Molass Pass and back in the passes and hit it about a medium pace. I hung with Tom all of about 4 minutes on Shalona. Shalona is the first climb. Pretty much blew my doors off right from the start. I felt better though as the ride went on and it was a perfect day in the passes. I haven't been up to 11,000 feet in a little while. It was a good ride and I am looking foreword to getting up there soon.
Today was the last Durango Wheel Club criterium out at the new hospital. I decided to give it a go and the field was small, really small. Former teammate Anthony Colby showed up. With some big $$$$ on the line, the guns always come out of the woodwork. Anyway, I attacked on the 2nd lap. We rode together the whole race. Then we gave it a go in the sprint. The face says it all! It was close, even had to do the wheel throw. I scored the victory and got a good workout in when I wasn't motivated. Thanks to the DWC folks and Mercy Medical Center for putting on a great race series.
No school tomorrow. Some good chamois time tomorrow for sure. The weather has been perfect.

No comments: