Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ceasar to race Georgia!

I am just about to head down to Athens, Georgia in a few minutes for my first visit to the team headquarters. Finally I will be able to see where the amazing coffee is roasted and meet the people behind the scenes roasting beans. I stayed in Nashville, Tennessee last night at the Director sportif's house, Jesse and Jenny. Nashie is actually a very cool town. Lots of music here and Jack Daniels whiskey of course. There is a young crowd having Vanderbuilt University, I think. Very trendy people, lots of fashion going on, even more than I have seen in New York City. Nashville is very green, and from above it looked like one giant golf course.

I was worked yesterday after the travel and just a releif to be out of Durango with school behind me for a little while. I still have to finish a couple finals the day I get back, but for the most part I am finished. My health feels good, and the fitness is there. I think I will get better as the Tour de Georgia goes on.

Ceasar is scheduled to start the race. He seperated his shoulder and broke his scaphoid in his wrist about 4 weeks ago in Redlands. I am surprised to hear that he will be racing. What a tough guy. That means we will be working our butts off to help Ceasar stay out of trouble and keep him near the front for Brasstown Bald. A stage that he has continuosly crushed it on, including Lance Armstrong. That says allot right there.

Anyway, I forgot to mention that I went to the B+ ride two nights ago to just keep it chill. As we were leaving I looked up and saw one of the riders get hit by a car. I heard screeching tires and saw the guy roll off the hood. He was o.k., bike wasn't though and it looked bad. It was hard to get motivated to ride after that and dodge cars up Hesperus Hill going 65 mph. The risks we take to ride.

1 comment:

Graeme said...

Hey Matt - Look for the wheel club jerseys at the time trial and going up Brasstown - we'll be cheering you on.

Rip it up man.