Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wintery Mix

First of I have to say something about the controversial stage one finish at the Tour of California. Something shady is going on??I can't believe they neutralized the race because of a crash so far from the finish. Crashes like that happen all the time. That is racing road racing when it gets hectic near the finish. Crashes in bigger races have happened just outside of 3K in huge races and were not neutralized. It seems a little shady. The fact that Levi was not in the yellow in his home state and the fact that a non pro tour team would be leading the race. I don't know if that is what it was, but it seems shady and I don't understand? Am I missing something? I feel bad for Ben Jaques Maines, a strong racer who should be in the jersey in my opinion. Levi is strong enough and his team is excellent a riding at the front and would have no problem getting the lead back. Strange decision I think?

The other day on my ride I got a taste of everything. Before I headed out I checked the weather and it said "Wintry Mix". I was wondering what a Wintery Mix was as I was riding in pure sunshine and 40 degrees. It didn't take long to find out that it was a taste of everything mother nature can throw at you. One minute the sun is shining and the next there was snow. Shortly after that it was pouring rain and 38 degrees. The wind picked up and the rain switched to sleet and then groppel. As I decided to cut the ride short and avoid Hypothermia and head back to the house the sun came back out. Toward the end of the ride there was lightning and thunder in town. Crazy weather.

I am starting to get bored with the training in Durango. I have been putting in allot of miles this year and hitting allot of the same roads. It has been pretty wet and the dirt roads have been kind of off limits because of the mud, unless you are Troy Wells the Thrasher who will ride anything on any bike even if it ruins it. Anyway, I have been having a hard time mixing it up lately and I am ready to get to some new riding in Southern California for a little change. Then I will be refreshed on the Durango training. Allot of it has to do with loggin miles in the cold. It is finally getting to me and I thought I would never be over the rides. When the dirt roads are bad, it is kind of hard to mix it up. They should be good tomorrow though, heading south and it is supposed to be 53. Finally!

As for the training, I have been hitting some transition this week an did a few short Threshold efforts today. I don't want to be to far of the back at team camp next week and it is time to start hitting it to get ready for Redlands which will be a stepping stone for Georgia. I do feel strong this year. Whish is great.

I killed my Midterm today. Now I am going to make a great dinner and finish up some work, maybe head to Moab for some MTB action if the weather is bad here. Will be fun to hit the dirt. More later!

No comments: