Sunday, February 18, 2007

Throwdown Session!

Today was the first little test of the season as I hit up the annual Sunday ,Durango showdown throwdown. I am starting to dabble into the suffering a little. I am always dragging a tad coming out of base and today hurt. It was a beautiful day and the warmer temps are starting to show.

The group left from Bread and kept it neutral over the top of Edgemont. The usual route to Vallecito and back. Two sprints, one at Vallecito and the other at Edgemont on the way in. Dan Bowman came out to turn the srews on all of us and to make sure we had our share of punisment by the end of the ride. In the end, Dan killed me up to the dam as I got gapped out before the sprint. I got him on Edgemont though, HA ha! So we are even so far. I am very pleased with the way my form is coming along and I felt very strong for not doing much intensity yet. Signs of good things to come.

Yesterday we got pulled over by a State Trooper. The guy was a total idiot. He was so unprofessional and didn't say why we were being pulled over. He yelled at me "you go, get out of here" . I looked into his beady little rat eyes, totally confused. What the hell is he talking about? "Go now" he said. I left and he let Bowman, Lee Rosenthol, and an FLC kid named Allister. Anyway, the rest of the group including the Chocolate Factory boys, Wilk and Grant Berry all received tickets for being over the white line and riding double. I can see riding double, but over the white line? Also, the law says you can ride double under certain circumstances. I am a little confused about the law. I better check into it before the State Trooper from Bayfield, who looks like Hitler, yes he looked like Hitler, gets hold of me.

Dan Bowman's quote of the day regarding Assof and Yordan from Israel. They are attending the Fort and racing for the team. He asked me " So where are all these Israeli kids coming from? Uhhhh?? "Israel Dan!

No comments: