Friday, July 14, 2006

Training Hard in D-Town

Stopping to smell the wild flowers in Falls Creek, the little bee was getting some sweet nectar!
Training with Wessley Hartman back in Westport
Falls Creek in Durango just before the storm rolled in
The famous rock walls of Connecticut from the revolutionary war
It has been great resting up here at home in Durango. I have been training pretty hard this week and I am starting to feel better on the bike at altitude. The first few days it was hard to breath and the legs just didn't recovery that quickly. Now it is much better.
The weather is also perfect with the temps into the 80's but no humidity. It is so nice to not be sweating at night when you are trying to sleep and not having to sleep with the AC cranked. My evening ritual has been to run down to the Animas River and soak the legs, grab a cold beer at pint night and then crash out. Ah the rough life.
It all comes to an end on Thursday as I have to fly back out very early. Too early in fact. 6:00 out of Farmington which means I have to be on the road no later than 5 am. CRAP! Whatever, I can sleep on the plane and it is a good thing I am a morning person.
I talked to Guppy last night and he is of to Europe today to ride for the U-25 team in Belgium. Good luck over there and make us all proud. Guppy has turned into a great racer and one of the best young riders I know. I think he will do very well.
I have to go out and train a bit today in the Southwest sunshine. Working on the bronze tan today.

No comments: