Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fitchburg Circuit Race...Tour pics!

I cracked hard in the circuit race yesterday. After doing allot of work early on in the race and chasing attacks throwing attacks and even going for some sprint points I cracked with 7 laps to go and lost 9 minutes. I did feel closer to normal than I have in a long time. The legs felt pretty good but the fuel tank is only half full right now. It was hot yesterday and when I was done my face was covered in salt from dripping sweat. The fans were awesome on the climb and Snyder was out there again cheering. I could hear him yelling "Shriver Surge" every time. I unleashed the surge a couple of times but cracked soon after. Going into one of the sprint laps there was some lady walking her dog and it was right on the course in a really fast corner. At the last second we yelled at her and she yanked the thing out of the way. That would have been tragic for everyone.
After all of the ongoing drug stuff with the tour it is hard to say who will win this year. I am going to throw out a few guys I think will be strong and my pics for this year. I think Floyd Landis could win. Cadel Evans is going to be a surprise rider, followed by George Hincapie from Discovery. Those are my picks and I could be way off, but hey, at this point it is any mans race.
Today we have a 104 mile road race with some good climbing in it. We will be aggressive and get some guys in the breaks, I kind of hope to go in an early break and maybe I can get a better result this way. It is supposed to be another hot one at 85 and humid. SNAP! That could crack me. I am going to hydrate up. Race report later.

No comments: