Tuesday, May 02, 2006

School K.O.ed, Northern Arizona, Gila!

Flag Staff, near Snow Bowl
Pure Singletrack! Schultz Pass in Flag
Servingit up at the camp kitchen
Sedona, Arizona
This las week was a whilwind. I knocked out school on Thursday with my last final in Motor Learining (Neurophysiology), it was brutal. I ended up getting some sweet grades though. A's and B's this time around. Note to self: Not working helps your school a ton. Good to be done with that.
After my last final I hit the road for a little Vacation in Arizona before I head to Tour of the Gila today. I went to Prescott, Sedona, and Flagstaff. Sedona was a mob scene so Flagstaff became the second part of the trip. Prescott was a nice area but not the kind of woods I am into. It was more of an older retirement area and there are not allot of active people there. I tried to find a place to go ride and went into this hiking shop on Montezuma Street. The hiking shop was called "Hike Shack". The owner, named Dave, was a total tool. When I asked for directions on where to hike or ride, he looked at me like get out your wallet kid. So if you are in Prescott, avoid the Hike Shack, you will get nothing but dirty looks and waste 15 minutes of your life in Dave's stupid store.
Flagstaff had some sweet forest and the riding looked great. I think the mountain biking was better than the road, but there is definitely riding to be done. The Schultz Pass area has tons of buffed out singeltrack that you can rip. The town isn't to bad either, although there is one side of it that is totally ghetto. Overall, a town worthwhile of exploring if you are into the outdoors. The bad, not enough water in town or in the woods, Arizona is a desert, DUH!
Off to the Gila today. I am feeling good, allergies are bad, but so are everyone's this year. I heard it was the worst allergy season in a long time. Explains why everyone is sniffling and itching their eyes. I have to hit the TT bike before getting into the car. Andy Guptil is now on Target Training. Welcome aboard, the new rookie. I like my coffee with cream and make sure my bottles and laundry are done before each race Andy. I will probably be doing all the work for him. Stay tuned for Gila updates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shriver nice to see that you are dragging your team down again in Gila.

Way to go!!!!!!!!!