Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Not in Kansas Anymore

The drive back from Kansas went much faster than on the way out. We made it back to Durango at around 7:00 last night and we left at 4:30 in the morning. It was a brutal drive across Kansas, but it was worth the trip. I even had time to catch a Burger down at the Palace for burger night. I hadn't had any red meat in awhile and it was delicious.

If you are looking for some quick vulgar entertainment, check out Dicky Dub's website. It is pretty funny. I like the photo of Robo Cop officiating the crit on Sunday. Also, there is a good picture of the Nascar style hats that we got from Coca-Cola to wear on the podium. NASCAR!!! I am still a little bummed about my road race result. I keep thinking about things we could have done differently in the road race. Whatever? We tried and we lost, maybe next time. I am just tired of coming in second place when I know we have what it takes for a win. Whatever.

Tonight is the Tuesday worlds ride. I am heading out to get crushed by all the fast guys. These rides are often harder than races. Everyone attacks, everyone covers, and everyone is willing to leave it all out there on Tuesday. I guess that is why they call it a "Worlds ride", because it is a simulation of the world championships.

That's all for now. Danielson is tearing it up in the Giro! Keep it up Deez. I wish they would let him race his own race instead of working for Salvodeli. I think he could be right there with Basso. Basso is looking tough and will probably just get faster. It is a good race so far.

No comments: