Saturday, January 13, 2007

Back in Durango!

I am back in Durango and back to shool. It is going well so far and one week is down. The training has been going great up until today when we received about 6 inches of new snow. I am thinking about throwing the cross tires on, but instead I will probably head up to Vaellcito lake to do some Skate Skiing. I even went out and got schnoquered last night at the local watering hole Joel's. The beer flows like wine down there and it ended up being a long night. Good times though and when you know it is going to be snowing all day and riding is limited, might as well throw down some booze and get the central nervous system firing again. I even managed to embarrass myself on the dance floor at the Lost Dog. I was out there carving moves on the dance floor with the white man overbite, pumping fists and shaking it all night long. Hung Over! Whatever, it was good training of the liver and you have to do it sometimes. I snuck out of the Lost Dog without getting in a fight or stabbed. It pays to have a cop for a roommate and I was rolling with him and some of his police buddies.

I went and saw the movie " Blood Diamond". It was o.k. except Leo's fake accent and it was a little predictable and cleiche. The name of the movie sounds lame too. Blood Diamond. It sounds like the movie Death Blow that Jerry films and bootlegs in that classic Sienfeld episode.

Well I am off to go crush myself out in the snow on the Nordic skiis. Should be a good time and I am sure all of Durango will be up there. I almost raced at the Nordic center at Purg, just to hung to make it out the door. Later!

No comments: